Cold War March 4 update brings new Assault Rifle & classic Black Ops map
The new March 4 update for Black Ops Cold War will bring some exciting new content for players still enjoying Treyarch’s Call of Duty, including the return of a classic map.
Treyarch are continuing to update Black Ops Cold War and offer those who are still enjoying the game new content.
The March 4 update will be bringing some exciting new additions, which will not only get Warzone fans excited but also intrigue players who are fans of a particular classic Black Ops I Multiplayer map.
New Assault Rifle – Vargo 52
Warzone and Cold War players will be excited to hear that a brand new Assault Rifle will be entering the game by the name of Vargo 52.
According to the description for the weapon, the Vargo 52 is a full-auto assault rifle that has “good damage at mid-range with a fast fire rate. Improved muzzle velocity and reliable handling for steady firing control.”
This weapon may not only shake up the meta in Cold War’s Multiplayer but also Warzone Pacific, so keep an eye out for it.
Here’s how to unlock the base version in Multiplayer and Zombies:
- In Multiplayer:
- Using Assault Rifles, deal 1000 damage in 15 different completed matches.
- In Zombies:
- Eliminate 750 enemies while using an Assault Rifle that has been Pack-a-Punched three times.
You can also unlock it through a store bundle called the “Ferrofluid” Weapon Blueprint, which is part of the “Tracer Pack: Ferro Fury Reactive Mastercraft” Bundle, which will go live on March 4 in the Black Ops Cold War and Warzone in-game Stores.
Return of WMD
The update will also be bringing a classic map from the Black Ops franchise called WMD. This map was first seen in Black Ops I, but also returned to the franchise in Black Ops 4 through a DLC.
Now, it is returning yet again to Black Ops Cold War on March 4. For those who haven’t played this classic map before, you’re in for a treat.
- Sniper at the Silo. The eastern Silo marks a favorite perch for snipers and other long-range attackers, offering views over a large portion of the area. When approaching a skilled marksman, head through the Shipment building to the north. Either take them out from the second story there, or flank around the back and eliminate them from behind, taking up the perch for yourself.
- King of the Hill. It’s not just the Silo to watch out for. Pipes, Production, Research, Shipment, Crane… there are plenty of areas here giving a powerful vantage point to players up top. Use them to your own advantage but be ready to swap to a close-range weapon when the enemy comes knocking. If you need to trek it toward an objective, consider taking either the far north or south lane, largely out of sight from these positions.
- Forward Intel. This Perk becomes extra valuable. With a larger mini-map and indicators for enemy reinforcements, you’ll have a better handle on navigating the many skirmishes you’ll encounter throughout, no matter the game mode.
That’s all for Cold War’s March 4 update now, for more, check out the TTK changes coming to Vanguard Royale in Warzone.
Here are some tips for the map courtesy of the Call of Duty blog:
Image Credits: Activision