Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War Jan 14 mid-season 1 update: Playlists, Zombies, and, more
Treyarch has officially released the new mid-season update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on all platforms on January 14, which includes some new content and playlists.
The mid-season update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War arrived via a game settings update within the title on all platforms. No separate patch download is required.
This mid-season update features some new content and playlists in MP & Zombies. There does not appear to be anything major for Warzone, although the latest update for that went live on January 13 with DMR nerf and other fixes.
Here’s a look at the new content in each mode for players to jump into:
- New Fireteam map: Sanatorium
- New Mode: Dropkick 6v6 –
- This frantic game of nuclear hot potato features two teams each vying for control of a special and extremely important briefcase. The round begins with each team racing to the location of the nuclear briefcase and attempting to pick it up. Anyone grabbing the briefcase is automatically equipped with a powerful pistol, but it’s ideally up to the rest of the team to keep the briefcase-carrier safe. The team with the case gains access to launch codes, as well as an ever-increasing score for their team.
- If you die while your team controls the briefcase, you will not respawn until your carrier has been eliminated and the briefcase has been dropped. If your team isn’t carrying the case, it must be flushed out and retrieved before it’s too late. Once one team reaches the score limit by controlling and owning the briefcase, orders to execute a nuclear strike are confirmed, and the round is won… in a highly explosive manner! The first team to 200 score wins.
- New Melee Weapon: Wakizashi Sword
- New Mode: Cranked – A limited-time mode both literally and figuratively! Keep one eye on the countdown timer, and the other on your zombie-killing: spend too long without an undead takedown and you’ll explode! There’s no time to lose as your survival depends on frantic, terror-filled takedowns where the only respite is the Cranked power-up, granting a brief breather before the carnage continues.
- PlayStation exclusive: Raid added to Onslaught playlist with new Dark Aether intel
And, as it’s a Thursday, Treyarch has updated the playlists in Black Ops Cold War MP to the following:
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7
- Fireteam Dirty Bomb
- Prop Hunt
- Nuketown 24/7
- Face Off
For those playing Warzone, here’s the new January 14 playlist update for that:
- BR Quads, Trios, Duos
- Buy Back Solos
- Plunder Trios
- Rebirth Island Mini Royale Solos
- Rebirth Island Resurgence Quads
Stay tuned to CharlieIntel for the latest news on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Are Pokemon Go servers down? Current server status
If you're experiencing connectivity issues during your playing sessions, here are some useful tips to check the Pokemon Go server...
All Whiscash weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
If you're looking to defeat or catch Whiscash in a Pokemon game, here's everything you need to know about its...
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes: Armor changes, AEK 971, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's Update 4.1 that brings more classic weapons and gameplay changes.