Treyarch has released a new patch update on December 16 for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PlayStation, PC, and Xbox.
UPDATE: Treyarch has released patch notes for updates made to the game since December 15, including fixes with the December 16.
Yesterday’s game update resolved a “Zed 398 Swift Clover” error message that temporarily prevented PC players from accessing Season One maps at the start of the season, as well as an issue with occasional hitching during gameplay for PlayStation 5 players. We’ve also implemented additional stability improvements in MP and Zombies for a smoother experience.
This morning’s update delivers improvements to spawns on Nuketown ’84, the removal of health regen for Props in Prop Hunt, and more quality-of-life fixes, including more relaxed requirements for “Behind Cover” Weapon Camo challenges.
In Warzone, the Raven team has temporarily removed the Attack Helicopter from both the Verdansk and Rebirth Island maps to address an issue that could cause players to appear invisible. The normal helicopter will remain in Warzone while the issue is investigated.
Get all the details on everything new in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone here, and read below for patch notes covering our latest updates since the launch of Season One:
- Resolved “Zed 398 Swift Clover” error that temporarily prevented PC players from loading into Season One maps at the start of the season.
- Resolved an issue with occasional hitching during gameplay on PS5.
- Fixed a rare crash related to the Sentry Turret.
- Fixed a rare crash related to the Spy Plane.
- Field Upgrades
- Fixed a rare crash related to the SAM Turret.
- Fixed a crash related to Woods voiceover audio.
- Fixed a crash related to Score Events.
- Nuketown ’84 / Nuketown ’84 Holiday
- Adjusted spawn logic.
- Addressed an issue where players could capture the first Hardpoint zone outside of the intended boundary.
- Prop Hunt
- Disabled automatic health regen for Props.
- Removed the Steel Chair from the Prop list on Checkmate. Steel Chair OP.
- Combined Arms: Assault
- 20 seconds will now be added to the game clock when a zone is captured to reduce the frequency of a game ending in a Draw due to lack of time when transitioning to a new zone.
- “Behind Cover” Weapon Camo Challenge
- Increased the distance check.
- Removed the requirement for the victim to face a certain direction.
- Addressed an issue that could cause instability during Plaguehound rounds.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause interact prompts to incorrectly appear around the map.
- Improved breadcrumb (green dot) user experience when unlocking attachments.
- Addressed an issue that could cause long wait times coming out of the After Action Report.
- Temporarily removed the Attack Helicopter from Verdansk and Rebirth Island maps to resolve an issue that could cause players to appear invisible.
A new patch update, version 1.009, rolled out to PlayStation, PC on Battle.net, and Xbox on Wednesday, December 16. This patch update is specifically for Black Ops Cold War. There is no new update for Warzone.
This is an additional patch update separate from the Season One update. Patch notes for the December 14 & Season One update are available here.
In terms of file sizes, the new update on PC is 2.6GG, PS5 is a 3.1GB update (PS4 update is 1.8GB), and on Xbox One is a 2.77GB update (Xbox Series X|S is 4.1GB).
For PC players, this new update has fixed the ZED 398 error that made new maps and modes unplayable since the start of Season One. The update also resolves the hitching issues on PlayStation 5.
Download the new update in-game now across all platforms to get back into Season One action!
Best Legends in Apex Legends Season 15: Every character ranked
Like any update for Apex Legends, Season 15 brought changes to the meta. Here are the best Legends to use...
Best LMGs in Warzone 2: Every Season 1 Light Machine Gun ranked
Here's every LMG in Call of Duty: Warzone 2 ranked from best to worst, so you know which weapons to...
Modern Warfare 2 player reveals how to take down a VTOL in just 7 seconds
This trick will allow you to swiftly take down Modern Warfare 2 VTOLs in just 7 seconds without the need...