FIFA 23 players with the Controlled AcceleRATE type offer a nice balance in both attack and defense. So here are the best and cheapest stars in FIFA 23 with a controlled acceleration type.
Of all the new features in FIFA 23, none have changed the game more than AcceleRATE, which sees the way players use their pace vary depending on their physical attributes.
Those with the Lengthy acceleration type, such as Erling Haaland, had been dominating Ultimate Team matches since launch. However, a major nerf in Title Update 4 has opened the door for Explosive and Controlled players to steal the show.
In this guide we’ll be focusing on the latter, picking the best Controlled players in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team, as well as some ideal cheap options.
- What is Controlled acceleration in FIFA 23?
- Best Controlled players in FIFA 23
- Best cheap Controlled players in FIFA 23
What is Controlled acceleration in FIFA 23?
Controlled is the most common acceleration type in FIFA 23, applying to players who have a consistent and predictable way of delivering their pace. While Lengthy players will start slow and get faster over time, and Explosive get off the mark quickly before slowing up, Controlled players serve as the middle point between the two.
Any Ultimate Team card that doesn’t meet the requirements of the other two acceleration types will automatically fall into the Controlled category. They are:
- Agility greater or equal to 65.
- Agility minus Strength greater or equal to 15.
- Acceleration greater or equal to 74.
- Height less than or equal to 180cm (5 foot 11).
- Strength greater or equal to 65.
- Strength minus agility greater or equal to 15.
- Acceleration greater or equal to 55.
- Height greater than or equal to 174cm (5 foot 9).
It’s worth keeping in mind that the acceleration type of special cards can often be different from a player’s base card. This is due to promo items having upgraded stats which could tip them into a different category.
Best Controlled players in FIFA 23
Thanks to the nerf to Lengthy players in FIFA 23, stars with Controlled acceleration are starting to creep back into the meta. Luckily, since this is the most common AcceleRATE style, some of FIFA 23’s biggest names fall into that category.
Check out the best-controlled players in FIFA 23:
- Ronaldo – ICON
- Zinedine Zidane – ICON
- Ferenc Puskas – ICON
- Ruud Gullit – ICON
- Kevin de Bruyne – Manchester City
- Robert Lewandowski – Barcelona
- Kylian Mbappe – PSG
- Mohamed Salah (Out of Position) – Liverpool
- Kaka – ICON
- Diego Forlan – HERO
- Rudolf Voller – HERO
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United
- Joao Cancelo – Manchester CIty
- Jean-Pierre Papin – HERO
- Franck Ribery (Rulebreakers) – Salernitana
- Heung Min Son – Spurs
- N’Golo Kante – Chelsea
- Marquinhos – PSG
Best cheap Controlled players in FIFA 23
Many of the best-controlled players listed above will you set you back 50,000 or more coins in FIFA 23, so not everyone will be able to buy them right away. Luckily, there are some cheap options that are extremely effective but won’t break the bank.
Here are the best cheap controlled players in FIFA 23, all of which cost 5,000 coins or less:
- Marcos Llorente – Atletico Madrid
- Alphonso Davies – Bayern Munich
- Federico Valverde – Real Madrid
- Renato Sanches – PSG
- Kai Havertz – Chelsea
- Reece James – Chelsea
- Marcus Rashford – Manchester United
- Jude Bellingham – Borussia Dortmund
- Joao Felix – Atletico Madrid
- Rafael Leao – AC Milan
- Leroy Sane – Bayern Munich
- Nuno Mendes – PSG
- Roberto Firmino – Liverpool
- Lucas Paqueta – West Ham United
- Darwin Nunez – Liverpool
Those were the best-controlled players in FIFA 23. We’ll be updating this page throughout the year as the meta changes and more promo cards are released.
Image credits: EA SPORTS
Best Legends in Apex Legends Season 15: Every character ranked
Like any update for Apex Legends, Season 15 brought changes to the meta. Here are the best Legends to use...
Best LMGs in Warzone 2: Every Season 1 Light Machine Gun ranked
Here's every LMG in Call of Duty: Warzone 2 ranked from best to worst, so you know which weapons to...
Modern Warfare 2 player reveals how to take down a VTOL in just 7 seconds
This trick will allow you to swiftly take down Modern Warfare 2 VTOLs in just 7 seconds without the need...