A new Battlefield 2042 update is set to arrive on November 25, bringing weapon bloom fixes, a nerf for the Hovercraft, and performance improvements.
Battlefield 2042 has finally arrived on PC and consoles, but the game’s launch hasn’t been as smooth as DICE would have hoped. Players have been criticizing aspects of the game like the weapon bloom and performance.
The game is set to receive its first post-launch update on November 25. From weapon bloom fixes to performance improvements, there will be various different changes when it arrives.
- Battlefield 2042 weapon bloom reduction
- Battlefield 2042 Hovercraft nerf
- Battlefield 2042 update patch notes
Weapon bloom reduced in Battlefield 2042 update
Many players complained about Battlefield 2042’s weapon bloom, which made weapons like Assault Rifles almost impossible to use. Now, DICE have promised a fix for this issue in the November 25 update.
“We have observed that on many weapons, predominantly on Assault Rifles, that spread tends to be too high,” the devs explained. “Weapons miss more often than they really should which makes for an unsatisfying experience and can feel unfair.”
The November 25 update will bring a “series of adjustments to greatly reduce the impact of spread.” Now, you’ll be able to line up a shot without having to worry about the weapon bloom causing problems.
The PP-29 became a shining star while the bloom mechanic was in effect, so they’re increasing its recoil slightly to make it more in-line with the other weapons.
Hovercraft nerfs in Battlefield 2042 November 25 update
There are a number of different vehicles to choose from in Battlefield 2042, but Hovercrafts have proven to be the most powerful ones – to the point where DICE has decided it requires a nerf.
The November 25 update will balance the vehicle’s weaponry, making it deal less damage and be less accurate over range.
Battlefield 2042 November 25 update patch notes
DICE has revealed the full list of changes that will be coming in the November 25 update, which brings various changes to the spawns, gunplay, and overall gameplay.
Here are the patch notes for Battlefield 2042’s November 25 update:
FIXES, CHANGES, AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Bullet spread has been reduced on all weapons except Shotguns. This should result in better accuracy during gameplay
- Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside of its intended combat range
- Resolved an issue where players who were killed close to obstacles such as walls or water were unable to be revived
- Resolved instances where players were stuck in a downed state and unable to respawn. We’ve also introduced a hidden timer that will activate after 30 seconds of being in a downed state that will force a redeploy should it be required
- MD540 Nightbird Mounted 20mm Cannons – we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
- Reduced Blast Radius size from 3 to 2
- Reduced Inner Blast Radius damage from 1.5 to 0.75
- KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm Cannon (side mount) – we are reducing overall damage and range at which bullets do full damage, while increasing the overall bullet spread
- Reduced Blast Radius from 2 to 1.6
- Reduced Blast Damage from 20 to 14
- Reduced bullet damage before Damage Fall Off starts 18 to 15
- Reduced Damage Fall Off distance from 200 to 180
- Reduced bullet damage at max Fall Off distance from 8 to 6
- Increased bullet range and spread
- AH-64GX Apache Warchief and KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm Cannon – we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
- Reduced Blast Damage from 20 to 18
- Increased the Damage Fall Off for enemies that are further away from the bullet impact center
- We reduced the overall damage of the Minigun for all Land Vehicles, alongside bullet damage drop off now starting earlier
- Reduced bullet damage before Damage Fall Off starts from 18 to 13
- Reduced Damage Fall Off distance from 60 to 40
- Reduced bullet damage at max Fall Off distance to 6
- Equipped armor type for the LCAA Hovercraft has been adjusted which increases it’s vulnerability against different weapon types
- Battlefield Portal – UAV-1
- The UAV-1 has been re-enabled within Battlefield Portal
- Greatly reduced health regeneration delay and speed
- Increased missile damage against vehicles and infantry
- The drone is now able to roadkill enemies
- Breakthrough matches will now correctly end after the last sector has been captured
- Resolved an issue that caused players queued for a match in Battlefield Portal to be sent back to the menu, instead of joining the match when a slot became available
- Made general improvements to stability to prevent rare occurrences of game crashing
That covers everything that has been revealed about the November 25 Battlefield 2042 update. We’ll be sure to inform you of any new details as they become available.
For more Battlefield, check out which vehicle damage feature Battlefield 2042 players are begging the devs to bring back.
Image Credits: EA / Dice
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
Best guns in Modern Warfare 2 Season 1: Every weapon ranked
Modern Warfare 2 brings over 50 weapons, so we've ranked every one from best to worst and counted down the...
How to get Kingambit in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainers will need to evolve their Bisharp to obtain a Kingambit, so here’s how it’s done.