All Apex Legends Season 8 character buffs and nerfs
Apex Legends Season 8 is here, and with it comes some major buffs and nerfs to the roster of Legends.
Season 8 of Apex Legends has overhauled the classic Kings Canyon map, introduced new Legend Fuse, and made significant changes to the available pool of Legends.
The full patch notes for Season 8 details all of the buffs and nerfs given to Apex Legends characters. Wraith has been further adjusted, and the buff to Mirage which was accidentally included in the Fight Night patch notes, has finally been added.
Apex Legends Season 8 nerfs and buffs
Wraith’s hitbox has been adjusted again, and Horizon’s Gravity Lift has seen a further nerf. Also, after beating Caustic, you no longer have to painfully wait for his smoke to disappear.
We’ve broken down every character buff and nerf in Apex Legends Season 8 below.
Wraith has gone through a few changes throughout her time in Apex Legends. She has a history of being either too powerful or having broken hitboxes, and the developers have to repeatedly “fix” her.
Rather than messing with her abilities again, the Season 8 update has increased Wraith’s hitboxes in a similar way to how Pathfinder was adjusted previously.
Her hitboxes, specifically around the legs and upper torso have been slightly enlarged, “but the changes stay true to her model.”
She now has a larger hitbox than the other smaller legends, but Respawn assures players that “Wraith remains small and hard to hit,” and will retain the Low Profile perk.
Many Apex players know about Octane’s super-jump, but this was made unreliable after the double-jump was added.
For Season 8, Respawn Entertainment have created “Launch Pad Remastered,” where they have added new “launch options that are better defined than the old super-jump.”
- Hitting the jump pad from a standing position will launch players along a high arc (the speed and trajectory of the old super-jump).
- From a crouched position, players will launch along a low arc, meaning they’ll fly lower but farther in the horizontal direction.
Horizon has won over fans ever since she joined the roster in Season 7. Her unique abilities have made her a powerhouse with a huge record of wins, despite the nerfs she has received to her Gravity Lift.
- Read more: How to get Legend tokens in Apex Legends
In Season 8, Horizon’s Gravity Lift has been nerfed further by adjusting the cooldown:
- Gravity Lift effective cooldown increased from 21s to 25s. The 15s cooldown timer will now start when the Gravity Lift disappears.
They will monitor these changes to see if they have a significant effect on her win rate and pick rate.
Data pooled by Respawn Entertainment has found Rampart, who was released with Season 6, “at the bottom” of their performance metrics. Her gear is meant for setting up a defensive position, but with how fast paced Apex can be, devs “determined her walls should have some reactive power as well.”
In a move to increase Rampart’s viability in Season 8, Respawn has:
- Increased Sheila angle from 120° to 180°
- Increased wall health in build phase from 1hp to 45hp (sniper rounds still pierce through)
They assure fans that they are “keeping a careful eye on this one.”
- Removed ability to stick arc stars to friendly drones.
- Loot inside unopened care packages is now visible with Eye for Quality and accessible through the Black Market Boutique.
- All gas now dissipates as soon as Caustic’s team is eliminated.
- Mirage decoys create footstep sounds.
Expect more Legend tuning over the course of Season 8, so keep an eye on Charlie Intel for details on all future updates.
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment