Massive Apex Legends Wattson buff arrives in Season 11
The Apex Legends Season 11 patch notes revealed a major buff to Wattson which many players will be very happy about.
The Season 11 patch will introduce some Apex Legends Wattson buffs that may entice a lot of players to pick her up as their new main.
Apex Legends Season 11 will be introducing loads of new content for players, from a brand new SMG to the highly anticipated new map, Storm Point.
As well as all this, just like every big seasonal update brings, there will also be some balance changes. A few of the weapons will be receiving buffs and nerfs, while only one Legend will be getting a major change, Wattson.
Let’s check out the Apex Legends Wattson buffs coming in Season 11.
Apex Legends Wattson buff
First off, Wattson’s hitbox will be receiving some changes, many will say this is a nerf, but we doubt players will even notice it, as her hitbox will be more in line with Legends like Horizon.
- General hitbox size increase, to compensate for the removal of low profile in the Legacy update.
Next, Wattson’s kit will be getting a variety of changes, as her Tactical and Ultimate abilities are all getting some buffs.
For some time now players have felt that Wattson’s kit is too complicated for how much you get out of it, but after the following buffs her abilities look strong:
Tactical – Perimeter Defense
- Increased damage on crossing a Fence by 33%. (15 to 20)
- Increased debuff duration on crossing a Fence by 100%. (1.5 to 3 seconds)
- Increased the time allowance to be hit again by a subsequent Fence effect by 100%. (0.5 to 1 second).
- Decreased recharge time by 50% (30 to 15 seconds).
- Increased placement range by 50%.
- Decreased the delay between Fences shutting off and reactivating after an ally passes through them by 60%. (1.0 -> 0.4 seconds)
- Wattson now moves at Unarmed-speed while readying/placing Fence nodes.
- Fence nodes can now be placed as soon as the weapon is readied, instead of waiting for the animation to finish.
Ultimate – Interception Pylon
- The Pylon output has been significantly reworked.
- Reduced the number of active Pylons Wattson can place from 3 to 1.
- The Pylon now lasts forever (instead of timing out after 90 seconds).
- The Pylon now has a pool of 250 Shields that can be distributed to nearby players, instead of effectively infinite Shields.
- Increased the Pylon shield recharge rate by 150%, and smoothed regen rate. (2/second -> 5/second, or more accurately: 1/0.5 seconds -> 1/0.2 seconds)
- When a Pylon is out of Shields, it no longer recharges players’ Shields, but can still zap incoming ordnance.
- Taking damage while regenerating Shields via the Pylon delays continued regeneration by 1 second.
- The UI on the ground and HUD elements now displays the amount of Shields that remain in the Pylon.
- Pinging a friendly Pylon will now display the percentage of Shields remaining in the Pylon.
- Pylon ordnance-zapping has been moderately reworked.
- Ordnance is now zapped when the Pylon detects that it would hit any surface within range and line of sight of the Pylon, instead of being zapped as soon as it comes within range.
- As a part of the changes, current issues where the Pylon doesn’t reliably zap ordnance (particularly concerning airstrike abilities, and ordnance that bounced off surfaces near the Pylon) should now be addressed.
As you can see, the developers are pushing hard on making Wattson’s kit more useful and fun, as well as giving her some well-needed strength.
Wattson could be among the most powerful Legends in Season 11, so you might want to get some practice in with her now!
For more on Apex Legends, check out our guide on the devs plans to fix the server issues.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Are Pokemon Go servers down? Current server status
If you're experiencing connectivity issues during your playing sessions, here are some useful tips to check the Pokemon Go server...
All Whiscash weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
If you're looking to defeat or catch Whiscash in a Pokemon game, here's everything you need to know about its...
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes: Armor changes, AEK 971, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's Update 4.1 that brings more classic weapons and gameplay changes.