Here’s everything we know about the Apex Legends Season 12 Warriors Collection Event, including the schedule, new Heirloom, cosmetics, next-gen upgrades, and patch notes.
Respawn Entertainment have announced the Warriors Collection Event for Season 12, featuring a plethora of new content like Crypto’s Heirloom, new cosmetics, the long-awaited return of the Control LTM, and even the next-gen upgrades for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
Here’s everything we know about the Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event.
- When is the Apex Legends Season 12 Warriors Collection Event
- What’s in the Apex Legends Warriors Collection event?
When is the Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event?
The Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event will take place from March 29 to April 12, bringing a ton of new content for players to enjoy, including cosmetics, the return of Control, and a new Arenas map.
The event was confirmed by the Apex Legends EA blog on March 24, which provided official information on the upcoming event for Season 12.
What is in the Apex Legends Warriors Collection event?
The Warriors Collection Event will finally bring Crypto’s Heirloom to the game, which was leaked along with Valkyrie’s unreleased Heirloom.
It seems the rumors were true and Crypto will indeed be getting the Biwon Blade, which seems to be a futuristic, Crypto-themed take on a traditional Korean sword.
The animations for this Heirloom look insane, as it seems to be yet another Heirloom embedded with a lot of the Legend’s personality and lore.
24 new cosmetics
The Collection Event will also bring 24 new cosmetic items including Legend and weapon skins, banner frames, emotes, and more.
Some of the skins Respawn have shown off include: “Synthetic Huntress” Ash Skin, “Riding Dirty” Octane Skin, “Jewel Olympus” Horizon Skin, and “Combat Survivalist” Lifeline.
Like any Collection Event, these cosmetics will cost Apex Coins or Crafting Materials, and obtaining every item will reward the player with Crypto’s new Heirloom.
Warriors Collection Event Reward Tracker
The Collection Event will also give players a chance to get some free rewards with a new Reward Tracker that spans the duration of the Collection Event.
In the tracker, players have the chance to get a new Mirage skin and two new weapon skins. Completing event challenges will earn players Event Points which will ultimately you to get through the tracker and obtain the rewards.
Return of Control LTM
The Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event also features the return of fan-favorite LTM Control.
Players loved this new objective-based game mode when it was first introduced in Season 12, offering players a fun, intense new way to play the battle royale which saw two teams of nine go head to head in a battle for control of objective areas.
Unfortunately, it was removed three weeks into the season, and players have since been longing for its return. Luckily, it is coming back for two more weeks during the Warriors Collection Event starting March 29, along with a new map for the mode, Caustic Treatment!
New Arenas map: Drop-Off
Players will also be gifted a brand new Arenas exclusive map for the Warriors Collection Event update, which is great for those who enjoy the round-based 3v3 mode.
The map is called Drop-Off and seems to have a connection with Olympus, as according to the blog, Drop-Off is a “fully automated Hammond Manufacturing Tower that was constructed for a single purpose: the early production of critical systems for Olympus.”
This Arenas map seems pretty huge, with three POIs within the map called Observation Deck, Deployment Line, and Loading Bay.
Apex Legends PS5 & Xbox Series X | S upgrades
The Warrior Collection event update also features the arrival of the highly-anticipated next-gen version of Apex Legends. This will be a treat for players on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S.
However, this first patch won’t contain every upgrade in the new-gen version of the battle royale title. Players nonetheless can enjoy a handful of improvements over the standard version of the game, but will have to wait for more upgrades in future updates.
Warriors Collection Event patch notes
Respawn Entertainment have also introduced a set of balance updates, quality of life changes, and bug fixes that you can check out in the Apex Legends Season 12 Warrior Collection Event patch notes.
These include updates to the Control LTM, hop-up spawn rate adjustments, as well as some next-gen improvements in the PS5 and Xbox Series X | S versions of Apex Legends.
Control Mode Updates
- Fixed issue where players would not be able to see or select spawn points on the Spawn Menu after dying while stimmed as Octane.
- Removed the Turbo Charger from Purple Tier weapons – Players have to get their Ratings up to Gold Tier in order to get it.
- Several crash fixes to help with mode stability.
- Fixed a UI bug where Mythic ammo icon appears on non-crate weapons when auto-reloaded.
- Fix for ammo disappearing from Rampart’s mobile Sheila when firing.
- Double Tap burst fire delay reduced from 0.475 to 0.375.
- Double Tap recoil improvements.
- Ammo reserves increased from 120 to 140.
Hop-ups Spawn Rate Adjustments
- Increased spawn rate for Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
- Reduced spawn rate for Deadeye’s Tempo, Shatter Caps, and Boosted Loader.
- Fixed frame jitter that could appear while spectating a match.
- Fixed issue where Precision Choke was disabled by default on Golden TripleTake.
- Fixed issue where players could leave at the start of a match without being penalized.
- Fixed hack where players were able to duel-wield weapons.
- Fixed bug where players would not receive assist credit when damaging Gibraltar’s arm shield.
- Fix for bug when Crypto’s animation would glitch after using a finisher while in death protection.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to perform Ash’s skydive emote.
- Fixed bug where the Leaver Penalty warning would always show two minutes regardless of how many times you’ve disconnected.
- Fixed bug where damaging MRVN would count towards upgrading your Evo Shield.
- Fix for cases where Crypto can throw out multiple drones.
- Fix for cases where Pathfinder is able to grapple enemies indefinitely.
- Fix for cases where players are able to reset Wraith’s Tactical cooldown by ending her phasing while entering an Ash’s Portal.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in Bloodhound’s Cyber Hunt skin.
- Arenas: Fix for a bug where music could cut off at the start of a match in Habitat.
- Arenas: Fix for visual bug where Legend abilities would stay onscreen during a match.
- Various fixes to charging systems in weapons to work more consistently and by design.
- Fix for cases where players could remove bullet spread when using ziplines.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in reactive weapons after activating.
- Fix for cases where Wattson’s Ultimate’s shield regen would work through some windows in Command Center.
- Tropics Map: Fix for cases where players can be launched by Gravity Cannon while below it.
- Added tracker for “Battle Royale Wins”.
- 4K output
- Full 60hz gameplay
- Higher resolution shadow maps
- Greater LOD distances
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment
How to get Messi, Pogba & Neymar Jr skins in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
Neymar Jr., Messi, and Pogba will arrive in MW2 and Warzone 2 as Operators during the Modern Warfare FC event.
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 15 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 15 is here, but which Legends are dominating Season 15 of Respawn's battle royale so far?
Best SMGs in Modern Warfare 2: Every Submachine Gun ranked
If you're looking for the best SMGs to use in Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, we've ranked every Submachine Gun from...