Valkyrie hasn’t been out for long, but players are already finding great ways to use her abilities, so we compiled a guide. Valkyrie is a great addition to the Apex Legends roster, adding a new dimension to the game.
As well as Arenas, Apex Legends Legacy also introduced a new weapon, a fresh Battle Pass, and of course, a new Legend. Valkyrie is a great addition to the game, adding a certain verticality to the game, but her abilities can be somewhat difficult to master.
Although Valkyrie has only been out for a short period of time, players are already discovering the best situations to use her abilities in. Valkyrie’s abilities can be useful in many different ways, so let’s get into the guide.
How to unlock Valkyrie in Apex Legends
Valkyrie can be unlocked right now in the Legends section of the lobby menu. You can either purchase her with Legend Tokens, which are passively earned through playing the game, or Apex Coins, which is the Apex Legends currency that players can purchase with real money.
- 12,000 Legend Tokens
- 750 Apex Coins
Apex Legends Valkyrie guide: VTOL Jets
Valkyrie’s passive is by far the most attractive and exciting thing about her kit. The VTOL Jets allow her to take to the skies, hovering with a set amount of fuel to gain an advantage on the enemy.
Although the jets are very advantageous, they can also lead to a players elimination if not used correctly.
VTOL Jets tips & tricks
- You can change the VTOL Jets from Toggle to Hold in the settings, which makes it much easier to control. This allows for a bunny hop-type of movement to gain speed by turning the jets on and off.
- The VTOL Jets can boost you in any direction you are facing, allowing Valkyrie to quickly turn corners or do a fast 180, this is great for dodging bullets and evading enemies.
- Try not to use her VTOL Jets too much, as they run out fairly quickly and are also very loud, try using them to gain an advantage over enemies rather than for convenience.
- You can be very crafty with the Jets, for example, you can fake out opponents by dropping off an edge and flying straight back up behind them.
Valkyrie’s Tactical Ability: Missile Swarm
Valkyrie’s tactical is a swarm of missiles that damages and causes stun on the enemy much like an Arc Star.
The Missile Swarm is surprisingly strong, although it only does 28 max damage, it can still be very useful as it stuns enemies on hit. The Missile Swarm has a 30-second cooldown, which is fairly long for a Legend’s tactical.
Missile Swarm tips & tricks
- Think of the Missile Swarm as more of a stun that can lead to a push, rather than trying to use it to do damage.
- Valkyrie’s tactical is extremely useful for getting opponents out of cover, especially when they retreat to heal up.
- Combo Valkyrie’s Missile Swarm with the VTOL Jets, as it allows her to stay in the air longer and get a better angle for placing the tactical.
- Try saving her tactical for the right situation, as it isn’t very hard for players to escape before it actually hits. Using it when the opponent isn’t aware of your position, or is distracted is the best time to release the Missiles.
Valkyrie’s Ultimate Ability: Skyward Dive
Skyward Dive is a useful rotation tool that can be used both offensively, and defensively. Valkyrie’s Ultimate allows her and the team to rise up and redeploy much like a redeploy balloon.
Although it takes a while to charge up, and the initiation animation takes a few seconds, leaving you open if used in the right way it can be very powerful.
Skyward Dive tips & tricks
- Valkyrie can scan enemies while skydiving, which can be utilized with her ultimate, gaining knowledge on a push, or while escaping to know exactly where enemies are.
- The time it takes to initiate the launch can leave you open to enemy fire, so try activating it behind some cover or even a Gibraltar Dome of Protection.
- Save Valkyrie’s ultimate for dire situations rather than using it for convenience, use it to rotate and get to a better position before the enemies do.
That’s all for Valkyrie’s abilities, hopefully, they will help you become a winged menace and lead you to victory. If you like this guide and want to check out more Apex Legends content, keep it locked on Charlie INTEL and check out our article on the best way to spend crafting credits in Arenas.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Every Modern Warfare 2 weapon in Season 1: Assault Rifles, SMGs, Snipers, more
A ton of weapons are available in Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 and here's the full list of guns that...
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Every new item, move & ability
This guide will break down all of the new items, moves, and abilities in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet to get...
Best Sakin MG38 loadout for Warzone 2 Season 1
Here's our best Sakin MG38 LMG loadout for Call of Duty: Warzone 2 so that you can dominate at range...