Apex Legends is celebrating the Halloween season with the return of the fan-favorite Fight or Fright event. Here are all of the LTMs rotating throughout the event, as well as the changes to Control, and new skins.
It’s the time of year when the biggest live service games celebrate Halloween with seasonal events. Fortnitemares is set to return, and Respawn Entertainment have brought the Fight or Fright event back to Apex Legends for October 2022.
This new event brings the Olympus After Dark map, sees the return of Shadow Royale, and updates the store with a slew of Halloween-themed cosmetics. Here’s everything you need to know about Apex Legends’ Fight or Fright 2022.
- Apex Legends Fight or Fright start & end date
- Shadow Royale returns on Apex Legends Olympus After Dark
- All LTMs coming to Apex Legends Fight or Fright event
- Control updates in Apex Legends Fight or Fright event
- New & returning skins in Apex Legends Fight or Fright event
Apex Legends Fight or Fright start & end date
The Fight or Fright event takes place in Apex Legends all the way through October, starting on October 4 and wrapping up on November 1. Fight or Fright takes place immediately after the Beast of Prey collection event wraps up, so there’ll never be a dull moment.
Apex Legends’ Fight or Fright is Season 14’s Halloween event that brings the Olympus After Dark map, rotates through fan-favorite LTMS, and introduces brand-new Halloween-themed skins.
Shadow Royale returns on Apex Legends Olympus After Dark
Apex Legends almost always celebrates Halloween by bringing back the fan-favorite Shadow Royale mode, where eliminated enemies return from the dead in Shadow Form to hunt down the surviving Legends.
When in Shadow Form, players can “can run on walls, double jump, revive allies, and deliver extra melee damage.” Shadow Form players can keep respawning until their whole squad has been eliminated.
Fight or Fright 2022 takes Shadow Royale to the new Olympus After Dark map, a nighttime version of Olympus. Expect darker corners and an eerier tone overall as you battle both living players and Shadows in the Halloween Trios playlist.
All LTMs coming to Apex Legends Fight or Fright event
Gun Run will take place on Estates After Dark, Skulltown, and Fragment East, while Control brings players to Lava Siphon, Barometer, and Labs After Dark.
These LTMs will rotate throughout October, so here are all of the dates:
- October 4th to October 11th
- Shadow Royale on Olympus After Dark map
- October 11th to October 18th
- Gun Run on Estates After Dark, Skulltown, and Fragment East
- October 18th to October 25th
- Control on Lava Siphon, Barometer, and Labs After Dark
- October 25th to November 1st
- Shadow Royale on Olympus After Dark
Control updates in Apex Legends Fight or Fright event
With Control returning for the Fight or Fright event, Apex Legends devs Respawn Entertainment have made several adjustments to the LTM. There’s a new MRB Timed Event, updates to Weapon Loadouts, and spawn adjustments.
Here’s every change to Control in Apex Legends Fight or Fright:
- NEW Timed Event: MRB Timed Event ( Get the MRB and deploy it to create a temporary spawn point for your team).
- Updated Timed Event order to have the Bonus Capture event be the 3rd event to trigger, it now also rewards twice as much score as before ( old: 100 score, new: 200 score).
- Can now Ping Zones from the Spawn Screen.
- For Controller Players; automatically place the cursor on the best spawn point when they get put into the Spawn Screen.
- Players automatically pick up ordnance if they walk near it.
- Players can now emote on the Intro Podium screen.
- The Hammond Labs map now takes place on Olympus After Dark.
- Updates to Weapon Loadouts ( loadout compositions).
- Updates to weapons in Weapon Loadouts to have the same attachments available to them at the same tiers as BR ( except for scopes).
- In the spirit of Olympus After Dark; weapons that support Threat Scopes/Sights have them as an option in the optic selection menu in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Disabled pings for healing items.
- Updates to spawn logic that should fix some rare spawn issues ( like being taken to the Spawn Screen with no points to select).
- Spawn system tuning to further try to prevent issues where players spawn in sight of enemies or, too close to enemies.
New & returning skins in Apex Legends Fight or Fright event
Apex Legends’ Fight or Fright event brings a host of creepy new skins and some returning favorites throughout October.
Throughout the whole event, you’ll be able to purchase Ash’s Inner Demon skin, the Blade Wanderer Pack for Seer, and a Joker-themed Caustic skin in the So Serious Bundle.
Here are all of the skins coming to the Apex Legends Store throughout October’s Fight or Fright event.
October 4 – November 1
- Inner Demon Pack Bundle (Ash)
- Bladed Wandered Pack Bundle (Seer)
- Steampunk Speedster Bundle (Octane)
- Static Spike Bundle (Wattson)
- Huge Please Pack Bundle
- Inner Demon Bundle (Ash)
- Bladed Wandered Bundle (Seer)
- Deadly Teddy Bundle (Revenant)
- So Serious Bundle (Caustic)
- Trick-Or-Treat Pack Bundle
October 4 – October 11
October 11 – October 18
October 18 – November 1
For more on Apex Legends Season 14, be sure to check out who the best Legends are as well as a simple change Respawn could make to stop players smurfing in Ranked.
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment
Best Bryson 800 loadout for Warzone 2 Season 1
Here's the best loadout for the Warzone 2 Bryson 800 Shotgun, including our recommended attachments, Perk Package, and Equipment.
New Ramattra Overwatch 2 character release date: Class, how to unlock & abilities
A new Overwatch 2 Hero is on the way in Ramattra, so we've put together a handy guide featuring their...
Best Sniper Rifles in Warzone 2: Every Season 1 Sniper Rifle ranked
Here's our ranked list for every Season 1 Sniper Rifle in Warzone 2, including the best Sniper of them all.