The Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded update delivered plenty of buffs and nerfs to weapons. Here are all of the buffs and nerfs in the Season 1 Reloaded update.
The Season 1 Reloaded update is the perfect opportunity for the devs to make weapon adjustments and further balance both Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.
Here are all the buffs and nerfs for weapons from the Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded patch notes.
Warzone 2 Akimbo P890 meta & Shotguns nerfed
Warzone 2’s Akimbo Handgun meta was beginning to take over the battle royale as more and more players utilized the overpowered setup. The devs decided to nerf both the popular P890 and X12 Handguns with a damage reduction against armored opponents.
You can find all of the buffs and nerfs below including a major nerf to Riot Shields that should please Modern Warfare 2 players.
Every buff & nerf in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded
- Akimbo P890, X12, Basilisk, and .50 GS have received a damage reduction against armored opponents
- Fixed an issue causing shotguns to inconsistently display the broken armor hitmarker
- Blocking underbarrel launcher and shotgun on 7” Bruen B-M20 barrel
- Small reduction to close damage; three hits to kill requires at least one chest hit
- Increase to muzzle velocity
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increase close damage
- Increase to chest damage multiplier
- Increased movement speed, ADS speed, and sprint to fire speed on the 32 round magazine
VEL 47 SMG
- Reduced hip spread.
- Increased movement speed.
- Increased far damage.
- Blocking Basilisk compensators and flash hider on the FTAC ARROW barrel
- Adding muzzle attachment usage on the FTAC ARROW barrel: LOCKSHOT KT85, SA LEVELER 55, CRONEN DARK KX30
.50 GS Pistol
- Reduced hip spread
- Increased 1 hit headshot range
- Increased damage range
- Increased neck and upper shoulder location damage multipliers
- Increased bullet velocity
- Increased damage range on SA LONGSHOT – 50 and SA TYRANT FIFTY barrel
- Shotguns can no longer kill fully armored players in one shot
Expedite 12 Shotgun
- Added guard category:
- TV CF40 Guard
- AZ-40 Shotguard
- AZAROV T15
- Reduced movement speed
- Reduced melee damage to 3 hit kill
- Shield movement animation improvement
- Longer switch time pulling out throwing knife when riot shield is equipped
- Missiles no longer land out of bounds when targeting a wall on the edge of a map
- Improved the thermal readability when aiming in
For more, check out the full Season 1 Reloaded patch notes for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.
Image Credit: Activision
Modern Warfare 2 devs confirm fan-favorite party mode to debut in Season 2
The Call of Duty team finally revealed that Infected is coming to Modern Warfare 2 with the Season 2 update.
FIFA 23 Future Stars Token Swaps explained
The classic Future Stars promo has arrived in FIFA 23 and it brought the fan favorite Token Swaps program to...
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 15 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 15 is in full swing, but which Legends are dominating Season 15 of Respawn's battle royale so...