Activision Blog has posted details on how Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will be integrated.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will be available on November 13.
The new blog post details that Black Ops Cold War, along with Warzone, will have cross-play & cross-progression across all platforms.
Here’s the details from Activision:
Cross-Play, Cross-Progression, Cross-Generation
For the first time in franchise history, all fans will experience the next generation of global combat as one community, regardless of the platform or console generation on which they play Black Ops Cold War.
With Black Ops Cold War, an entire Multiplayer party could be comprised of up of to five players who are playing the game across the available five platforms, including next and current generation consoles as well as PC.
Alongside cross-platform and cross-generation play, players will have their profile, progression, and statistics tied to their Activision account. This allows them to switch between platforms, if they choose to do so, without losing in-game progress or identity.
Battle Pass, Store, and Armory Integration with Warzone
Warzone will continue to evolve after the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, interweaving some of Black Ops Cold War’s themes, weapons, and operators into this blockbuster free-to-play Battle Royale experience.
Specifically, both games will share post-launch seasonal content through the return of the Battle Pass system and the Store, as well as share a progression system. At launch, Black Ops Cold War is set to include a brand-new leveling journey that will later connect to Warzone, allowing players to unlock new functional content to be used in both titles. In addition, both games are set to share post-launch seasonal content through the return of the Battle Pass system and the Store.
On top of all new Black Ops Cold War content, Warzone players will still have access to previously earned content: Weapons, Operators, Blueprints, Equipment, Cosmetics, and so on, that they earned during their experiences in Modern Warfare. Please note that previously earned Modern Warfare content is only available and usable in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
- Those who earned Modern Warfare items in Modern Warfare or Warzone will retain their content when Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War arrives this November.
- All new Black Ops Cold War functional content, such as base weapons and attachments, can be unlocked by playing Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- The Battle Pass System will continue to include free tiers, similar to the Modern Warfare Battle Pass system, which will include new base weapons in addition to other categories of items players can earn simply by playing the game
- Battle Passes will launch in tandem with post-launch live seasons, which will include themed content that matches each season’s narrative.
- Players can see the content they will earn or buy through the Battle Pass or Store.
- The Battle Pass and Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content, including Operators, Weapons, Blueprints, Player Identity items, and more.
- There will not be a Season Pass model. Post-launch Multiplayer maps and modes will be free and given to all players simultaneously on all platforms.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will continue this concept through a collaborative effort across multiple studios: Treyarch and Raven Software, along with additional support from High Moon Studios, Beenox, Activision Shanghai, Demonware, and Sledgehammer Games.
Best controller settings for Warzone Caldera
To improve your accuracy and movement in Warzone Caldera, here are the best controller settings to use in the battle...
How long is Hogwarts Legacy? Main story length & time to complete
Hogwarts Legacy is full of magaical activites, but how long will it take to compelte the main story and all...
Apex Legends TDM explained
The Apex Legends Season 16 update will bring TDM to the game, here's our guide on the mode so you...