Infinity Ward’s Animation Lead, Zack Volker, recently sat down with the Official...
Black Ops II is available now worldwide. Check out our Updates and Fixes page and our DLC page for latest post launch news!
Official MP Screenshots:
-Create-A-Class unlocks at level 4
-New ‘Pick 10′ system. You have 10 allocation points to use on whatever you want.
-Every thing (weapon, perk, attachments, etc) cost 1 out of 10 available points
-You don’t have to pick a secondary weapon if you don’t want to. Pick anything you want using ‘wildcards’.
-Every time you level up you get one unlock token. You can use this token to unlock something to use in CaC. You get to choose between things suited for your level, then as you level up more options are there to ‘unlock’ with a token.
-You cannot unlock everything in one prestige. You have to prestige to get everything. This allows a reason to prestige.
-You can hold on to unlock tokens as long as you want too – note: unlock tokens are not the same thing as MW3′s prestige tokens.
-Highest Level per prestige: 55, which means you have 55 unlock tokens by then. There are more than 100 things to unlock so you cannot unlock everything in one prestige.
-Right before prestiging, you can choose ONE thing to carry over.
-You unlock attachment for weapons by leveling up the guns. You earn gun XP largely though kills. Possibly assists. Maybe something extra for headshots.
-Weapons: “if you prestige and unlock a gun, you pick up right where you left off“ - you can now PRESTIGE weapons two times
10 Prestige Emblems- We saw all 10 Prestige emblems, and they are by far the best prestige emblems in Call of Duty. The best way to describe the tenth emblem is a half skull/half zombie head. All emblems are unique and incredibly more detailed than past CoD prestige emblems.
Challenges- Don’t reset after you prestige.
Keep Prestiging- The prestige and rank system has been designed so that every player will keep prestiging. Treyarch is giving you more incentive to keep prestiging by limiting the amount of stuff you lose.
Prestige Tokens- Are returning, except this time you get to keep your gun progress (attachments) with which ever gun you chose to permanently unlock.
In Addition to 1 unlock token, you get to pick 1 option below:
Extra Create-a-class Slot- Just like before, only 5 extra slots for a total of 10.
Reset- Returning from MW3, complete reset if you choose to.
Refund- A new feature in BO2, allows you to undo a previous unlock token and spend it somewhere else.
More Layers- 35 total layers to be exact. Some of the emblems Treyarch made blew our minds.
RGB Color- Not only do you have the original standard colors to choose from, you can now use custom colors from the RGB scale if your want to be picky about which colors you’re using.
Transparency- Make the background of your emblem transparent. Which means a carefully placed emblem over a player card could make for some interesting combinations. Treyarch put this to good use when designing the player cards for BO2 (which look amazing and more detailed by the way)
- Player HQ — Track Call of Duty: Black Ops II performance with rich game statistics, including enhanced match information such as heat maps and recent match data; track challenges and extensively modify your classes like never before using Treyarch’s new Pick 10 Create-a-Class system.
- Clan HQ — Join an existing clan or start your own, invite friends and then take part in Call of Duty: Black Ops II clan competitions with cool digital prizing.
- Zombies Support — For the millions of Zombies fans out there, now you can track your Zombies personal statistics and compare it to other players’ around the world.
- Call of Duty Elite TV — Launching with tablet support with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the new Call of Duty Elite TV will deliver a renewed community focus featuring developer tips and strategy programming, custom class overviews and more.
- Social Sharing and Notifications — With Call of Duty Elite‘s new notification system, you can stay updated with what is going on in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as communicate directly with your clan.
Check out our DLC Page for more info!
Wild cards allow you to use one of ’10 allocation points’ to bend the rules.
- Primary Gunfighter — Allows a 3rd attachment for the primary weapon.
- Secondary Gunfighter — Allows a 2nd attachment for the secondary weapon.
- Overkill — Take a primary weapon as your secondary weapon.
- Danger Close — Take a second Lethal.
- Perk 1 Greed — Take a second Perk 1.
- Perk 2 Greed — Take a second Perk 2.
- Perk 3 Greed — Take a second Perk 3.
- Tactician — Take a Tactical grenade in place of your lethal Grenade.
- Aftermath- takes place in Los Angeles
- Yemen- takes place in an island in Yemen
- Nuketown 2025 – Now re-imagined in a 60′s depiction of the “Model Home of the Future”, Nuketown 2025 is set to take that familiar close-quarters chaos into the future. (Available now for download for FREE on all platforms).
- Turbine - Map shown in MP Reveal trailer.
- Plaza - Floating resort in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Tight corners and angles throughout.
- Drone - Hidden drone facility in the heart of the Mynamar jungles. Great long engagements down the center, fun close quarter fights through the facility.”
- Cargo- takes place in Singapore. Has moving boxes that change map layout at times.
- Express- Los Angeles Bullet Train Station. Good up and down engagements on bullet train tracks. A train will speed along the tracks every a couple minutes or so. If you’re in it’s path then consider yourself dead.
- Hijacked- Luxurious Super Yacht. Frantic, yet controlled close quarter engagements.
- Overflow- Peshawar, Pakistan. Great urban engagements in the flooded streets.
- Carrier- Chinese Supercarrier. Open engagements on the deck, with great close quarter fights through the hull.”
- Meltdown- Pakistan nuclear power plant. Battle for control of the nuclear cooling tower and the surrounding facilities.
- Slums - Panama City area
- Raid- Fight through this hillside mansion, in the Hollywood Hills. Hectic close quarters engagements.
325 points 450 points — A remote-controlled car packed with explosives.
375 points 350 points — Shows enemies on the mini-map.
-Hunter Killer —
400 points 525 points — Airborne drone that seeks out and destroys a nearby target.
-Care Package —
450 points 550 points — Air drop a random Scorestreak.
475 points 600 points — Temporarily disables enemy radar.
500 points 650 points — Projects microwave field which stuns and impairs enemies.
-Hellstorm Missile —
525 points 700 points — An air-to-surface missile which can be scattered into a cluster bomb while falling.
-Lightning Strike —
550 points 750 points — Launch a coordinated lightning strike on three locations.
-Death Machine —
600 points 850 points — Your own personal handheld mini-gun.
-Sentry Gun —
650 points 800 points— An automatic sentry gun which can be remote-controlled.
-War Machine —
700 points 900 points — Grenade launcher with rapid, semi-automatic firing.
725 points 975 points — Remote-controlled quad-rotor with lightweight machine gun.
800 points 1000 points — Air drop an autonomous ground robot that searches for and destroys enemies and can be remote controlled.
-Stealth Chopper —
850 points 1100 points — Call in a stealth helicopter which does not appear on the enemy’s mini-map.
-Orbital VSAT —
900 points 1200 points— Shows both enemy position and direction on the mini-map, cannot be shot down.
-Escort Drone —
1000 points 1250 points — Get personal air support from an escort drone.
1025 points 1400 points— Jet aircraft that provides close air support with several strafe runs.
-EMP Systems —
1050 points 1300 points— Temporarily disables enemy electronics.
1150 points 1500 points — Lase missile targets remotely from the Lodestar.
-VTOL Warship —
1200 points 1600 points — Be the gunner of a powerful VTOL Warship.
-K9 Unit —
1275 points 1700 points — Attack dogs that hunt down the enemy.
1400 points 1900 points — Call in a swarm of lethal Hunter Killer drones that search and destroy enemies.
Perk 1 (Blue Perks)
- Flak Jacket — Take less explosive damage.
- Ghost — Cannot be detected by enemy UAVs while moving.
- Blind Eye — Unaffected by AI-controlled perks.
- Hardline — Receive bonus score points.
- Lightweight — Move faster, take no damage from falling.
Perk 2 (Green Perks)
- Hard-wired — Immune to counter-UAV and enemy EMPs.
- Scavenger — Replenish ammo and grenades from fallen enemies.
- Cold-blooded — Resistance to targeting systems including Dual Band, Target Finder, Sensor Grenades and player-controlled aircraft.
- Toughness — Flinch less when shot.
- Fast Hands — Swap grenades faster, use grenades and equipment faster, and safely throw back frag grenades.
Perk 3 (Brown Perks)
- Engineer — Show enemy equipment in the world, delay explosives and re-roll and booby trap care packages.
- Dead Silence — Move silently.
- Extreme Conditioning — Sprint for a longer duration.
- Tactical Mask — Reduce the effect of flash, concussion and shock charges.
- Awareness — Enemy movements are easier to hear.
- Dexterity — Climb ladders and mantle over objects faster, recover from melee faster and aim faster after sprinting.
- Grenade — Produces lethal radius damage upon detonation.
- Semtex — Grenade that sticks to surfaces before detonating.
- Combat Axe — Retrievable axe that causes instant death upon impact.
- Claymore — Directional antipersonnel mine that triggers a proximity-based explosion.
- C4 — Plastic explosive device that can be set and triggered remotely.
- Bouncing Betty — Proximity mine that launches into the air before detonating. Can be avoided by crouching or going prone.
- Sensor Grenade
- Shock Charge — A deployable charge which stuns enemies that enter its proximity.
- EMP Grenade
- Tactical Insertion
- Smoke Grenade
- Black Hat PDA — Hack equipment and care packages, or disable enemy vehicles.
- One additional point can be spent on any tactical grenade to bring two of the same type into battle when you spawn.
Description from Activision:
The CODcast feature is a special spectator mode that allows the player to take on the role of a game commentator. Using the CODcast interface, the CODcaster has the ability to see all of the action in the game by switching between many different views, including a picture-in-picture mode that allows the player to toggle between the game camera and map top-down view. This is the same kind of functionality used by professional commentators on pro gaming circuits, and is now made available to Call of Duty® fans everywhere.
-CODCasting is not allowed in public matches.
-Players cannot hear the CODCaster to prevent cheating
LIVE STREAMING INFORMATION AVAILABLE HERE.
-Multi Team Modes:
- All Multi team public matches have 3 teams of 3, meaning 3v3v3 in the following modes:
- Kill Confirmed
- Team DeathMatch
Domination- Domination is now w/ 2 rounds. Score doesn’t reset. But flags do. Halftime in between.
Kill Confirmed - It’s returning and plays just like MW3. The dog tags have been slightly upgrades and appear brighter (more futuristic looking too)
Hardpoint - Brand new game mode for Black Ops 2. Players must hold a single objective for a certain amount of time before it move to another random spot on the map. Very fast passed mode which results in a high number of kills.
Party Games - They’re designed to be played with a party (group of friends). One in the Chamber, Gun Game and some more favorites are returning.
-Classic Modes: TDM, Search and Destroy, CTF, Headquarters, etc. are returning.
Dolly Cam- Its returning in Black Ops 2.
Sticky Camera- Basically have the camera stick to and follow non-player objects. In the example we saw, the camera followed a Quadrotor in 3rd person, in another the camera followed a RPG missile while in flight. This is the best addition to theater mode in our opinion, we saw this new feature in action and cant wait to see what people do with it.
20 Clips per video- The clip count has now been raised to a whopping 20. Edit and crop a gameplay video into 20 different segments for editing. You can even merge all 20 clips into 1 clip and then keep going.
Highlight Reel- Press one button and it edits and compiles all of your kills and accomplishments in the match into into 1 video.
First Person POV- Is possible for all players just like the original Black Ops (was removed in MW3)
Nuketown 2025 details here.
- No longer level gate playlists. Play whatever you want at level 1.
-Final Killcam shows the last shot from a member of the winning team
-You cannot knife turrets in Black Ops 2 MP
-You cannot shot down an ORBTAL VSAT. Only EMP/Counter UAV will take effect VSAT.
-Everything is unlocked in Private Matches
-Aggressive style actions (ex: Capturing a Flag in CTF) gets you more score points than a kill in CTF game mode. Same for other objective based modes.
-If you remove all 10 points, you always get a Combat Knife
-Emblem Editor: MORE layers, more control over colors. More info coming at end of September
-”Revenge Voice”-hearing the player you just killed. It is ON in Public Games. Option to on/off in Custom Games
-Scoreboard shows Captures, Defends, etc.
-Score values keep changing in their builds. Changed 3 times since Gamescom.
-David Vonderhaar tweeted: “Unlike all previous games, the number in the center of the screen is the * Score * you earn for doing something. Not the XP earned. It is easy to confuse XP & Score as the values were often the same for common events like a kill. They have never been the same thing. In Black Ops 2, we break down the XP and how much you earned in the post game report called the AAR. AAR. After Action Report. I think it’s the best looking / most useful post game report we’ve ever had.”
-Wager Matches returning in Black Ops II MP as ‘Party Games’ – more info coming soon.
-Private Matches: you can now add AI bots
-’Mute all but Party’ option available
-Weapon camos ARE returning. They haven’t confirmed exactly how many yet.
-NO death streaks.
-Trophy System is returning as a Tactical equipment
-Emblem Editor IS returning!
-Split Screen is returning in MP, but for only SOME playlists, NOT all.
-LIVE STREAMING ability directly from console integrated
-Same detailed scoreboards (including captures, plants, etc) are returning
-No more perks that modify guns
-New ‘League Play’ matchmaking for E-Sports
-Vahn has confirmed fading objective/bomb makers
-Rockets that lock onto the Dragonfire
-Sniper rifles without scopes spotted
-2 attachments for secondary weapons
-At 0:18 in bottom right, you have option to ‘select fire’.
-Bolt action sniper
-You can plant the riot shield to the ground and shoot through it
-3 attachments for primary
-6 perks can be used at a time
-Riot shield is back
-Change zoom level
-A.G.R is brought in via Care Package
-Fly a drone into the enemy [killstreak]
-Turret that causes some sort of wave – called ‘Guardian’
-Quadrotor [called Dragonfire] can be used as a killstreak
-A.G.R – new Assault Drone like killstreak
-Lot’s of airstrikes
-Dogs are returning
-New Equipment ‘Shock Charge’
-Knife appears to be a equipment
-C4 is [of course] returning
-Tomahawk is back
-See through smoke with certain attachments
-Tactical Insertions are returning
-’Multi-team TDM’ was mentioned
-Dolphin Dive is returning
-Sights to see through barriers
-Max level is 55, 10 prestiges.
-15th prestige logo from Black Ops 1 appeared
-It appears that custom emblems are returning
-Accolades are returning, shown was: ‘Flyswatter’, ‘Revenge’, ‘Bloodthirsty’.
-Bottom left corner shows how many points needed to win the game
-eSports sections appears, ‘spectator-only’ mode also shown. Looks to be dramatically updated to allow better viewing angles.
-Scopes are more ‘boxed’ in shape.